A hearty, medium to firm-flesh fish with a rich developed taste. It can be cooked with or without skin, but avoid overcooking as it can dry out.
Coles salmon is sustainably sourced from the pristine unspoilt waters of Tasmania.
- Tasmanian Atlantic Salmon can be purchased in skin on or skin off portions, as well as smoked slices and cutlets.
- When choosing salmon fillets, look for; a consistent red or pink colour, moist, non-flaky texture and plump firm appearance.
- Look for a fresh ocean smell.
- Salmon is a hearty fish, which stands up well to almost any seasoning.
- We recommend using citrus when cooking, because it helps to cut through the oiliness and richness and bring out the flavour of the Salmon. For this reason, slices of lemon and lime are a simple flavour match.
- However, sweet soy sauce can also make a great glaze when frying.
Salmon can be seasoned and pan fried for between 4 and 10 minutes and is cooked when it springs back when touched and flakes when tested with a fork.
For something different try serving with mango salsa.
Storing fish in direct contact with ice will cause it to break down. Instead remove the packaging and place fish on a plate or tray, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Cook and eat within two days.